Moodle 3.9 is the latest LTS (Long Term Support) version of Moodle. It is also packed with new features and major improvements. Check out the overview video to see some of these latest enhancements.
The latest release of Moodle comes with a range of improvements across the board. Here are some highlights of the key improvements:
- Activity chooser improvements; a new grid layout with multiple tabs, ability to search, the ability to star your most used activities and resources as well as the ability for the admin to set a list of recommended activities and resources.
- Further H5P integration; the ability to use H5P content types as a Moodle activity, with gradebook integration and activity completion, the ability to create H5P content in Moodle from the new content bank, which also allows searching and editing of H5P content types.
- More powerful filtering of course participants; the filter on the participants’ page has been updated to allow combining of multiple filter conditions with logical queries. This project is the result of collaboration; proposed and funded by the Moodle User Association (MUA), and developed by Moodle HQ.
- Course copy interface; courses can now more easily be copied from a single user interface (rather than separate backup and restore steps) for both teachers and admins.
- MoodleNet integration; a new plugin has been developed to allow educators to navigate to the forthcoming MoodleNet social network from the activity chooser. When the administrator enables the integration, educators can push content from MoodleNet to their Moodle course.
- Improved integration of Safe Exam Browser; Safe Exam Browser, previously an experimental setting, can now be enabled and configured from the Quiz settings. This allows a quiz to be taken in a restricted and secure environment controlled by the teacher.
- Accessibility improvements; big shout out to Brickfield Education Labs who has contributed to a large number of accessibility improvements in the Atto Text Editor. These reflect the findings from an external audit of key pages of the Moodle LMS. Where possible these changes were applied across all of Moodle and back-ported. This is part of an ongoing commitment to provide an accessible platform and continuously improve compliance with WCAG 2.1 Level AA.
Feel free to contact your Moodle Premium Partner Enovation for more information about Moodle latest release.